Sometimes, being a business owner is lonely.
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed, stressed, or confused when it comes to your business?
- Or feel like you are busy making sales, but never seem to have any money left over?
- Do you find yourself spending most of your time working in the business, rather than on it?
- Do you have a supportive partner, friends, a great team of employees? But they just don't understand the many challenges that you face?
- Has your business become stagnant and you wish you had someone to bounce ideas off or give a different perspective?
Running a business is its own unique challenge. Whether you are looking to reduce owner-reliance and bottlenecks, improve profitability, or identify key growth opportunities, you don’t know what you don’t know. You know that you have the technical expertise to run your business, but you know you need more.
You’ve worked hard to get where you are…but imagine feeling like this for the next 5, 10, 20 years?
… is that really why you got into business in the first place?
What if you could...
- Find clarity, break through any barriers, and change your business for the better.
- Understand your numbers and your cashflow so that you can sleep well at night.
- Reduce frustrations and bottlenecks by implementing simpler systems and processes.
- Have an extra pair of eyes and ears to help you seize opportunities and avoid mistakes.
- Finally have the time (and money) to enjoy the other parts of your life.
Meet Helen Laidlaw, Business Advisor
Coming from a 20-year successful career as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) where I worked with SMEs and public sector environments across New Zealand, Australia, and the United Kingdom, I’m passionate about diving into the numbers of a business and helping businesses achieve profitable growth.
When you are everything to everyone, quite often the journey can feel overwhelming, lonely, and at times daunting – especially if you feel like all you do is put out fires or react to the day-to-day challenges in your business, rather than focusing on strategy or improvement. Partnering with me eases that burden. I’ve combined my knowledge and skills as a Chartered Accountant with my experience in business to create a proven process that gets results for my clients.
How I'll work with you
Schedule a Call
Create a plan
Together, we will create a custom plan tailored to your business with actionable steps to achieve your goals and make doing business radically easier and more profitable.
Once we have a plan, we will meet regularly (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) so that I can help and support you, offer advice, and hold you accountable for achieving your objectives.
How can you get the support and expert help that you need?
The market is flooded with self-help online business courses, books, and training platforms targeting business owners. People are convinced by clever marketing that reading self-help books or completing online courses can evaporate their problems and provide all the answers they need to grow their business with ease.
But these self-help tools are for the masses; they are not an in person, tailor-made solution for your business. They will not help you gain clarity and hold you accountable for the future growth of your business. They are not the extra pair of eyes and ears that help you seize opportunities and avoid mistakes. They will not give you the support and expertise that you need to grow your business, profitably.
I understand that self-help tools are cheaper and can be done when you get the time, but when you step back and consider the time you spent searching, purchasing, downloading and completing them, it is an illusion. Those precious hours would have been better spent doing some actual work on your business with the support of someone who understands your business. Quick fixes do not work and there is no such thing as easy tasks and fast results.
You, the Business Owner, are the expert in your industry, but it can be hard to learn everything you need to know. That is where I come in. I bring in the skills, resources, and tools that you don't have and together we will create and implement a plan to grow your business.
If you are committed to the long-term growth, profitability and success of your business, then it makes sense to stop wasting time and money trying to figure it out on your own, and start working with a Business Advisor.
Working with Helen Laidlaw is perfect for you if:
- You want your business to be more profitable
- You want to improve your systems and processes
- You want to improve your financial knowledge and understanding
- You want to achieve significant business growth
- You are seeking a more enjoyable and stress-free lifestyle
- You are wanting to build the asset value of your business
- You are looking to exit your business in 2-5 years
Here’s how the process works
- Schedule a free, no obligation meeting so that I can understand your current challenges and business goals. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions. I need to know as much about you and your business as possible, in order to successfully help you.
- Together, we will create a plan to achieve your goals. We will focus on resolving current issues, improving systems and processes and identifying key opportunities, so that doing business can get radically easier and more profitable.
- Implementation of the plan is the key to ensuring that your business is able to achieve profitable growth. Regular meetings (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) will be held to help and support you, offer advice and hold you accountable for achieving your objectives.
Ready to get the independent advice you need to grow your business?
You don’t have to figure it out on your own. Give me a call today and let’s start growing your business, profitably.